Friday, October 7, 2011

Photo Re-cap of What I’ve been up to (instead of updating my blog <sigh>)

 

Preparing for an emergency, just in case:

Water, 72 hr. food kits x7, 72 hr. emergency and ‘bug out’ kits  x7 (1 extra for my Man at work)

011018

025

 

and a lot of things that were MORE FUN Smile

001

005

003

014

Brooke's Phone Pics 004

Brooke's Phone Pics 182

003

I grew a Mandrake! Open-mouthed smile

Brooke's Phone Pics 175

I am extremely satisfied with how well my garden did this year, after having such a difficult time getting things to grow in western Washington.  I still have a little more canning to do with the end of season tomatoes and peppers.  It makes me sad that it’s almost time to prepare the garden for winter.

Summer also marks ‘birthday season’ for my little family with 5/6 of us having birthdays within a month of each other, so it’s pretty much a constant party.  (I guess we didn’t plan so well hehe).

In addition to gardening, canning, enjoying the sun and dirt, etc.  I have also been engulfed in studying history.  Specifically the 14th-16th centuries.  I’m completely absorbed some days.  A lot, actually.  I love it!  More on that later.

Sorry I’ve been gone so long.  The time just kind of slips away when you’re having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment