Sunday, October 6, 2013

Balls, Achy Feet, and Food

 

I was going to give myself a free day yesterday due to having dinner / dancing tickets for an event we had been planning.  As it turns out, I was sewing up until the very last minute, and we missed the dinner portion, which means I DIDN’T CHEAT AFTER ALL!  (So that’s the bright side of that situation).

My husband and I have been practicing with Clockwork and Gears Vintage Dancing weekly for the last couple months and we presented a lovely Grand March for the attendees, as well as assisted in teaching some vintage dances.  Dances were a HUGE part of community and culture in Victorian times, and beyond.  We had a lot of fun.  My feet hurt today.

There were a lot of cameras and video taping going on, which I hope will be shared so I can see it and relive the night.

My sister snapped these pics of us as we were on our way out.  Thank you!

IMG_5633

We’re celebrating her birthday today.  Cake has never been one of my ‘things’ so I should have no problem turning it down, since I know this particular cake will be of the processed food kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment