Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Missing Pounds & Unprocessed Day 8

 

There is nothing really exciting going on around here today for once.  I kind of like that.  I may actually get the chance to read the book for book club this month.  (An Assembly Such As This).  It seems I have misplaced a couple of pounds since the beginning of the month.  I can’t complain there either.  I’m not sure if that has anything to do with eating unprocessed, or all the busy I’ve been up to, but whatever.  I’ll take it!

Unprocessed October report:

The Good:

  • Toast and Jam (Prairie Grain Bread Company bread and home canned no-sugar added jam)
  • Coffee with homemade peppermint mocha creamer
  • Homemade chicken noodle soup
  • Meatloaf
  • Baked potato
  • Romaine lettuce salad, parmesean cheese, bolthouse farms dressing

Where I cheated:

  • Salad dressing (I’m sensing a theme here.  I need to make my own at some point)

Writing this all down is showing me exactly where the processed stuff is sneaking in, and I’m learning.  Eating unprocessed takes preparation.  All the things we turn to for convenience can be made by us in our own kitchens if we take the time. For me it’s about checks and balances.  What do I have time for, vs. what is not worth it.  I’m feeling pretty ok with the cheats so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment