Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekend Project: New Window Treatments

 

I love the natural light that comes through my over-sized windows.  I wanted to do something different in my Bonus room, which doubles as my craft room.  I wanted color, but I also wanted options.  This is what I ended up with, and I think they are pretty cool:

004

My Mom was excited to sew something, so I asked her if she wanted to work on these for me.   I explained what I wanted to do, and she executed it perfectly.  The cream panels are completely removable from the top burnt orange panels.  They attach to each other with velcro fasteners at just the right intervals to retain the same flow and movement you’d get from a continuous panel.  I can remove the long cream, and have just a valance look, remove just the center sections, or tie them back any number of ways.  I love how many options I have!  BIG thanks, Mom for your work on these!

The second room on the agenda was my dining room:

Instead of blocking any of the view out the window, I extended the valance and draperies a good amount from the sides of the window.

006 

I can’t believe how warm this room feels now. 

After I was finished and I was taking in the look of the room, I realized these resemble my Grandparent’s curtains that were in their home for probably 30 years. 

13RonBarb&Brooke_Dec1973

I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or not, but it explains my attraction to them, I guess.  I have nothing but fond memories of my Grandparent’s home.  (That’s me with my parents when I’m about 2)

Next up: Figuring out what I want to do in my great room.

No comments:

Post a Comment