Friday, July 2, 2010

I Think Washington State needs a Jimmy Dean Breakfast Sandwich!!

That was my cousin’s Facebook status update this morning.    It made me laugh, because if you’ve seen the commercials, it’s so true right now!  Give us some sun, already!  Please?  It’s summer, remember? 

I do have these lovelies in my front yard to look at and chase the clouds away a bit.  I can’t get over how beautiful they are this year, and SO BIG!  They’re about the same height as my (almost) 8 year old.

007

In spite of the very little sun we’ve gotten, my tomatoes are doing better this year than ever – so far.  I have yet to get any actual fruit, but the size of them is good, and I have blossoms, so I’m hopeful!  This has been my biggest plight since moving to the pacific northwest.  Gardening conditions are so different here.  We also back a greenbelt with 140 ft Dug Firs backing our property, so I get very little sun to work with, even when the sun does actually come out.  If only the HOA would let me plant my vegetable garden out front…  Oh well, I do the best I can with what I have, and so far the best luck is with big pots that I can move around.

 

020

They may not look like much to you, but trust me, this is an accomplishment for me!  I’m excited to have my first tomato sandwich of the summer.

Today I finished up my bookmarks for a bookmark swap hosted by my friend Missy at Little Messy Missy.  I don’t want to spoil her excitement when she opens the package, so no full pictures for a couple of days, but you can find a teaser sneak-peek over on my craft blog, which has been way too neglected lately.

-b

No comments:

Post a Comment